Wow what a trip! I can’t believe we are finally here. The previous post told of our trip to the airport. Now here is the rest of the story….We arrived in plenty of time for our flight and were waiting to board when they announced that our plane arriving into Detroit was having mechanical problems and they would work on it to have it ready for us to board. Long story short, they had to find a new plane and had us move to another gate. Fortunately our layover in L.A. was long enough it didn’t matter we left an hour and a half late.
We arrived in L.A. and changed terminals and grabbed a quick bite, had some nice conversion and some reading before the next flight. What a difference on the next plane. Bigger seats with a pillow, blanket and water bottle; a kit with eye shades, socks and some toiletries and some super headphones to listen to movies, music and games that blocked out the noise so well you had to take them off to talk to each other.
A while after takeoff they came around to ask for our dinner and breakfast preference. After dinner we watched movies or listened to music, while dozing/sleeping on and off. There was water, pop and snacks available if you were hungry before breakfast which was served about 3 hours prior to landing.
We were schedule to arrive a little early into Brisbane until we started to land. As some of you now they have been having a lot of rain here and we were put in a holding pattern to try to wait for the weather to clear a little. After about 20 minutes they decided to try and land because a couple of other flights were able to come in with no problems. If we couldn’t land we may have been diverted to the Gold Coast to refuel. I don’t ever remember being on a plane where people applauded as we finally touched down and slowed to a stop. I know I was praying as we came in.
After three years of having and using a passport dozens of time. I finally have a stamp in my passport. Praise God the trip went well and we are safely here. Thinking and praying for you all.
So happy you made it safe! Hopefully you were able to rest enough!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on making it there safely! What an adventure you have before you, and I'm so glad you're sharing your experiences with all of us. Looking forward to finding out more about your discoveries down-under!
ReplyDeleteGlad to here you are there. I have been thinking of you all day. Was hoping you were going to post. I'm hooked. Rest well.
ReplyDelete