Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It takes how long?

Bob sent my itinerary to me a couple of weeks ago. First flight 5 hours, not too bad, second flight 14 hours and 5 minutes! Twenty-four hours from the time we leave home until we arrive in Australia!!!!

I have always been the one to drop him off at the airport late afternoon and drive forty minutes back home. By then he’s close to boarding the first plane.  Before my bedtime, his first flight is done. Text message three hours later, he’s on the second flight. Go back to sleep and wake up the next morning, he’s still flying. Have breakfast….have lunch, he’s still flying!  By dinner time, he’s finally there.  Now it’s my turn to experience it.


                       
Thank goodness I will be with Bob who will be on his fifth trip to Australia in the last eight months. He can help me cope and keep me sane on the long flight (if he doesn’t end up throwing me off the plane). I have my IPod, a book, four Guideposts, my Bible and devotions plus Bob says we can choose from a list of movies, games and music to entertain us. Do you think I can survive it?

As long as God and Bob are at my side, I will. You may not get me on the plane to come back home! Oh yeah, my family is back home. I can do it!


2 comments:

  1. I hope you can sleep and relax and watch several movies on your flight! You will make it there and back, no worries :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought of you this morning. Like you said since you've left I've had dinner with my family, went to church, watched lost with the kids, had a full nights rest and is now at work...AND YOUR STILL FLYING! I will be thinking of you today as your travels continue. Let us know when you land safely.

    ReplyDelete