Monday, January 10, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays*

Today I stayed in the apartment while Bob was at work. It’s not that I didn’t want to go out by myself, we had some issues in the apartment that needed to be addressed and I had to wait for the maintenance man to come.  I’m kind of glad for the rain today. It would be awfully hard to sit inside while it was a beautiful sunny day. It’s a perfect time to do laundry and a little cleaning. We have kept the place picked up, but with coming and going we have brought some dirt in and a little vacuuming and laundry is needed. So I thought today I could tell you a little more about our building.
We have a fitness room that we hope to start using this evening when Bob gets home. There is also a small sauna room in the fitness center.  I’m not sure I’ll check that out, I always have difficulty breathing when in one and after sweating through a workout who wants to sweat more. I’d rather enjoy….


the outdoor pool. Saturday evening we thought a swim and a soak in the hot tub sounded nice. After swimming several laps, it was nice sitting in the hot tub and enjoying the view of the skyline. I’m not rubbing it in, just trying to send thoughts of warmer days your way!

Off the lobby is a small reading nook with a few shelves of books. There is also a deck area with a grill that any resident may use as long as they clean up after themselves.

I want to say thanks to all those who have posted comments and sent emails about my blog. I love hearing from you. It’s great to know people are checking up on us and enjoying our experiences along with us.

Thanks for reading!

(*a 1970’s Carpenter’s song title)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful way to end the day. I'm afraid I would be a sunburned prune by the time I came home! Enjoy all that the building has to offer, you lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I've been not able to keep up with your post the last few days due to recovery, but all is well now :-) Glad to hear the plane ride went well and you made it safely. Keep posting those pics cause it so nice to see and hear about your experiences. Love the pool and skyline. Soak it all in!!!!

    ReplyDelete