Wednesday, January 19, 2011

City Botanic Gardens Part I

This morning I went to the City Botanic Gardens (there are also the Brisbane Botanic Gardens at Mt Coot-tha 15 minutes from the city center). Usually they have a guided tour, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, but they have been temporarily suspended, so I spent about an hour and a half wandering through on my own. Some areas were blocked off, I’m guessing it’s because the rains and floods have made the grounds saturated. I took so many pictures that it would take me too many postings to show you them all. So I struggled to pick some to share. Today I will post some general pictures. Next time I will post some of the flowers and friends I met along the way.


This was the curator's residence, it is now a cafe.
During WWII it was used as a mess hall.


I like that you can see the building
through the trees.

Banyan Fig Tree

Figs of the Banyan tree




I took a break and relaxed under this tree.





4 comments:

  1. So cool that you are getting to experience so many different sites! I wish I could have joined you under that tree :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great that you are getting out and seeing such great sights. We got your email and brought up the map and located all the locations that you mentioned. It's getting to fell like you are not that far away after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you are out and about and taking advantage of the time to look around. What a wealth of memories you are creating! Love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete