Sunday, March 13, 2011

Walking on the Edge

Someone asked if it is hilly here. Many of the streets here are hills. It’s hard to see but this is a street behind/in front of our building. (I’m not sure if the front is the rivers side or the entrance side!) Halfway up you can take a right and follow a path up under the Story Bridge and along the edge of the cliffs above the river. I followed it along to see where it led to try and get a view from the other side of the bridge. This was before the ferry service was back up and running and I had not been downriver yet.


More directions to help me know where to walk!
The floating riverwalk, part of it broke away during the flood and it is not open.
You'd have to be careful walking out the front door of that house!
Down around the corner was a bench to sit and view the city and further on down there was a little park with some exercise equipment and some picnic tables and benches.



Exercise with a view!

This is my favorite tree. Some are very large and provide nice shade and the leaves look like feathers.
It flowers with red-orange flowers but many did not bloom after all the rains.



That's where I walked on the edge!

1 comment:

  1. Nice how you brought in the painted phone box. The exercise equipment was cool too. Lots of new and different things to see and experience.

    ReplyDelete