Sunday after church we walked over to South Bank to pick up our tickets for the afternoon show of Wicked. We had a couple of hours before the show so we walked down through the Arbour and looked for a cafĂ© to have some lunch. South Bank Parklands is an area that was developed after the ’88 World Expo. It has 116 acres of parklands, a rainforest walk to the Nepalese Pagoda, a manmade beach along with cafes, restaurants, shops and the South Bank Cinemas. On Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays there is the Lifestyle Market where you can by a wide variety of local items. South Bank also has the Queensland Art Gallery, Gallery of Modern Art, The Queensland Museum and Sciencentre, State Library, Opera Queensland, Queensland Maritime Museum and the Wheel of Brisbane.
 |
| The Arbour |
 |
| Some of the market booths |
 |
| Along the river they have these beautiful tile pictures |
 |
The two couples we have made friends with at church took us to dinner here one night.
Great Italian food! |
 |
I saw The King's Speech with a friend and True Grit with Bob
(We also saw The Tourist at another movie theater) |
 |
| Nepalese Pagoda (closed due to flooding) |
 |
| We grabbed some lunch here |
 |
Part of the beach area that is still closed.
|

\
 |
| Waiting to go in to see Wicked! |
 |
| The Wheel of Brisbane |
 |
| Waiting for the ferry ride home |
 |
| We are not green with envy! We saw a fabulous show! |
The pictures are beautiful - as usual. Such a pretty city. You are anxious to come home I know, but to leave a place as beautiful as that would be very hard. I'm so glad you got to go to the show. Wasn't the plot amazing?? It took a while before I could guesss who the character was going to be in the Wizard of Oz, but I never saw the ending coming at all. I remember sitting there at intermission and marveling at how totally opposite you were feeling about the two leads now as opposed to how you felt about them in the movie. Excellent show!
ReplyDeleteRebekah was jealous ... she wants to see Wicket again! I'd love to see it some time. I hear it is great! Beautiful pictures as usual! Makes me wonder why on live in drab Rochester :-) Well soak up all the scenary and store up the memories.
ReplyDelete