I wasn’t going to post any more garden pictures because I have already had several postings for the City Gardens, Mt. Coot-tha Gardens and the Sydney Botanical Gardens. But I’ve changed my mind. So if you are tired of the garden pictures, please disregard today and tomorrow's blog.
I have wanted to get to the Roma Street Parkland, but is a distance to walk, plus it looked like a large garden so I knew I would be tired walking the 45 minutes or more there, walking around the gardens for a few hours and then have to walk back. I decided to grab the free loop bus service to City Hall and walk the 10 minutes or so up to the gardens. I waited for a cooler day since it was hot and humid the times I visited the other gardens.
I’m so glad I went. As with the other gardens they have different areas to the gardens. There was the Lake with the fountain, the Lookout, Weeping Fig Avenue, and Memorials Corner with statues commemorating the wars. The have a water wall that is 34 meters and drops 5 tonnes of water per second, but it has been shut down for repairs. I loved Fern Gully with its water cascading over rocks and then The Forest with its spiraling boardwalk through a subtropical rainforest. I could have done without all the huge spiders and spider webs that are so prevalent in the gardens around here. There were also a lot more lizards around these gardens as well. They were all over and they usually scurry away, but still some are as long as my arm and I prefer to give them their space.
 |
| You couldn't see him from below the falls, but this duck was sleeping at the top of the waterfalls pictured above. |
 |
| Some like it hot.... |
 |
| some like it cool! |
 |
| Crazy tree trunk! |
 |
| Rainforest boardwalk up to the lookout |
 |
| Mosiac tile map of the Parklands |
 |
The larger spiders are almost as big as my hands.
Sometimes in the shade there are hard to see. I almost walked face first into one! |
 |
| Some ponytail palms. |
 |
| Weeping Fig Avenue |
 |
Stairway to Knowledge.
I climbed up but I'm not sure what knowledge I gained except to see more
of the gardens and a little bit of a workout, they continue on up around the corner! |
 |
Sound garden.
They had water sounds and gongs for you to listen too. |
 |
| Amphitheater |
 |
I love how the smaller trees grow within the protection of the larger tree!
Kind of like God's arms wrapped around you as you grow!!!! |
Tomorrow you will see my favorite part of the parkland.
I love the waterfalls, they look so refreshing on a hot day. And I love all the lizards!
ReplyDeleteUnlike Rachel :-) I could have done without the lizards and the spiders. Nice gardens though! Oh - forgot to tell you a while back Vern Adams wanted me to say hi to you. We don't get to edgewood very much any more.
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful gardens. Are there a lot of people in them or are they, shall I say sparcely populated?
ReplyDeleteIt depends on the time of day, which gardens and sometimes the area of the gardens if there are people about. The city gardens are near the University so lots of students in the shade having lunch, studying or relaxing. Playground areas have mums and bubs (and often dads)enjoying time outside and then there are the visitors like myself wandering the pathways.
ReplyDelete