They call Australia the Land of Oz, so is Brisbane the Emerald City?
It’s surprising how much green there is in a city. Or is it that I’m so used to seeing brown trees and white snow in the winter. Of course there are the beautiful Botanic Gardens in the city and up at Mt. Coot-tha but everywhere you look you see green. I don’t think I’ve found a part of the city that doesn’t have some planting, a garden, trees or even a small park.
| I think I found a clue! |
It’s surprising how much green there is in a city. Or is it that I’m so used to seeing brown trees and white snow in the winter. Of course there are the beautiful Botanic Gardens in the city and up at Mt. Coot-tha but everywhere you look you see green. I don’t think I’ve found a part of the city that doesn’t have some planting, a garden, trees or even a small park.
One day early in our visit I went out for a walk and on the way home I stopped by Woolworth’s to pick up a couple of things. Just outside the store, employees were selling a drink and a sausage to raise money for flood relief. Since it was close to lunch time it sounded yummy and it was for a good cause. I bought my lunch and walked down around the corner to sit in a small park. Here I was surrounded by the city traffic yet I was sitting on a park bench in the cool of the shade hearing the birds squabble with each other.
Wow...its such a beautiful city...so clean too
ReplyDelete