We look out everyday at Kangaroo Point and we have wanted to go over and see the view back to our building and see what the park looks like. The ferry terminal at the end of the point is still not open so we walked across the Story Bridge and to the end of Kangaroo point to Captain Burke Park. We did stop on the bridge so I could get a few pictures.
At one point on the bridge I looked up and thought maybe I could do the bridge climb. It didn’t look too bad and I was about halfway there already. After all I did walk the gorge and survive. But when we were down in the park it did look an awful lot higher. I still think if I was here long enough and Bob’s ankle was doing well, I might give it a try. We did see the building where you go to take the bridge climb and saw how they get up to climb the bridge. It is a lot of climbing!
It was nice to see the park and it was a beautiful day. I could get used to this autumn weather of high 70’s to low 80’s and little humidity. We sat and looked back across the river and looked for our apartment. It’s so interesting to see things from a different view. We had seen it from the ferry, but now we could sit and enjoy the view. The city view looked different too. It was a very peaceful community and had lovely park areas. We eventually walked back down the point to another ferry terminal to catch one of the cross ferries back across to the city.
Also on Kangaroo Point are the Kangaroo Cliffs where you can climb the cliff walls and abseil back down. There is a park along the river where you can rent kayaks to take a ride on the river. Also on the cliffs is the City Lookout. We stopped there one day when we were on the Hop On Hop Off tour and took some pictures of the city.
Thanks for the tour of the neighborhood.
ReplyDeleteI love the view from the cliff! How lovely! Only a few more days! Hope you soak in all the sun you can!
ReplyDelete