After grabbing breakfast we headed out for a full day of seeing the sights of Sydney. We first walked down toward the Royal Botanical Gardens. Every garden I see is more beautiful than the last. I wish I had taken more pictures. We were not planning on heading back to the hotel for the whole day so I was a little conservative on taking pictures in the gardens.
At one point I was hearing some chattering and screeching. Bob informed me that it was the bats. I thought they were nocturnal but they sure did make an awful lot of noise and some were climbing around in the trees. One even took off flying and scared me so much I ducked and missed getting the picture! I wasn’t the only one! A couple of other people taking pictures moved back as well.
We only saw a small portion of the gardens. You could easily spend the whole day there. Each sight of the Opera House and Bridge gave me goose bumps. I couldn’t believe I was in Sydney seeing such iconic sights. The day was warm and we stopped to rest and enjoy the view at different spots along the way!
Wow - how AMAZING!!! Do you have to pinch yourself sometimes to make sure it is all real? Love the big old trees and the pics of the skyline and the red flowers with the opera house in the background. But, I could do without the bats. That would totally freak me out! Well I'll look forward to tomorrow to see some more sights of Sydney hopefully. In the mean time I should return to my second job "assistant to the bathroom renovator"!
ReplyDeleteI think I would have been a little freaked out by the bats.....I would definitely not want to wake them up.
ReplyDeleteSo many gardens. I am in awe. Especially since I have a black thumb.
ReplyDelete