I never posted inside pictures of where we attend Sunday services. So today I thought I would share with you a little more about where we have been worshiping while in Brisbane.
Last Sunday was a very nice service. Our friends had told us that two young people were going to be enrolled. I assumed it was young children since one was her son-in-law’s nephew, but they were teenagers enrolled as soldiers in the corps. They had a beautiful service where they brought up the young people and talked about their faith journey and the commitment they were making to the corps. Then they had them kneel down at the altar which had been shaped in a cross and sign their covenant. While the band played, the Major prayed with each one privately. Later in the service they each gave a wonderful testimony. It was a very moving ceremony.
The sermons for the next few weeks will be on the Prayers of the People of the Bible. Last week we focused on “Go With Us” when Moses in Exodus 33:15 said to God, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here.” Major Earle Ivers related how “if we want to know God’s plan you must seek His presence.” I liked how he talked of Moses finding the Place to have an intentional isolation with God and then referred to the hymn “Near to the Heart of God”, Moses met the Person, by talking face to face with God as a Friend, “I Need Thee Every Hour” and finally after meeting God, Moses’ Perspective was changed as shown in his radiant face when he came down the mountain, “Let the Beauty of Jesus Be Seen in Me.”
Today the sermon was “Clear as Mud” on Gideon in Judges 6. How we want God to speak to us as clear as crystal when it seems like sometimes it is clear as mud. Major Earle spoke of how Gideon needed a sign of confirmation from God that He was with them, even though through the years God had shown confirmation that He was with Israel, through the cloud by day, pillar of fire by night, the handwriting on the wall. Yet Gideon still asked God, “Where are you in all of this” (Judges 6:13) “and give me a sign” (v17). We need to know (v. 14) to” go in the strength you have” and v. 16 that “I will be with you.” As stated in Psalm 29:11 we can have the blessing of peace in the uncertain times. “The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace!” Amen.
| Brisbane Temple Brass Band Excellent to listen to!!!! |
It really is comforting when you can find a church you feel comfortable and someone who commmunicates Geod's word in a way that speaks to your heart. We will be praying for you, Bob and the family this week. I am sorry to hear of the family's loss, but I trust that he is at home with the Lord and that one day we will all be reunited again.
ReplyDeleteWe would confirm everything that Kathy said andd we will be praying for you all as we know that you will not be able to be there. Aren't you glad for ministers who can make the Word come alive and we can apply those truths to our lives.
ReplyDeleteCan you take a picture of the bldg. that you live in from the outside and indicate your balcony