Friday, June 10, 2011

Pickerel Lake

Phil and Rachel live on Pickerel Lake. It is a beautiful lake and I enjoyed looking at it and watching the wildlife. When I arrived there was still ice on the lake. We could watch it shift from end to end and side to side and see where it had crashed up on the shore.



Phil is checking out the ice melt.

The ice is still thick!

You can see the ice that has crashed on shore

Sunset

Easter Sunday was a beautiful day looking out on the lake. We had a wonderful dinner and relaxing afternoon as we watched the ice slowly disappear from the lake. Phil and I took an afternoon walk down the street while Rachel rested. By the end of the day any ice that was left was down at the east end out of our sight.  We even saw a jet skier out on the water enjoying his first outing of the year.

Morning

The ice is going...

going...


gone!


Another beautiful sunset!


Monday was a beautiful day and after breakfast we sat outside and enjoyed the wonderful spring day and beautiful view of the lake with the warm sunshine on our back. The sunrises and sunsets were just beautiful and I enjoyed listening to the loons at night.

What a view!

Crystal clear water


Enjoying the view and the sunshine!

Sunset ....


on a peaceful lake!


1 comment: