Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Vacation – Animals

While out on my morning walks I saw many animals. I never brought my camera along, although it would have made a nice weight to work off a few more calories. I heard and saw many birds, bunnies, bullfrogs, chipmunks, squirrels and even saw a couple of deer. Just watching from the cottage you could see many animals as well.

Canadian geese


 We enjoyed watching seven swans a swimming (they were in groups of five and two).

 


The tree swallows were active in the birdhouse, but the last few days we didn’t see any sign of them. We didn’t know if something attacked them or if they just moved on.



I loved watching the hummingbirds.



One day two hummers were battling over who was to eat first!



The ducks found the bird feeders and came ashore to find the seeds the birds dropped.




There were also numerous goldfinches that visited the feeders as well.



Each evening we began to notice the seagulls flying above, heading out to the lake.








2 comments:

  1. Wow! Look at all the amazing birds you saw. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete