Friday, August 3, 2012

Birthday #55

Last week I celebrated my 55th birthday. Bob worked from home that morning and I enjoyed the beautiful morning reading on the patio, talking to both my boys and I even was able to watch Annika walking via Skype!  At noon, Bob finished his work then we went out to lunch at DiBella’s for a delicious sub sandwich.

We tried a different theater over in Birmingham. Google search on Bob’s iPhone misdirected us and we had to stop and ask for directions.  WARNING!!!!  Be careful when entering addresses-- there is a difference between Woodward Avenue and Old Woodward Avenue. We found downtown Birmingham and were happy with the small town feel.

The original theater was built in 1927 and renovated in 1996 into eight theaters but still has the old style charm. We were the only ones in that theater and thought we would have a private showing just for us but just as previews started we had a dozen or so people arrive to watch with us.


After the movie we headed to another favorite place we like to go to BD’s Mongolian Grill. We debated whether to go there or to the Outback as we like both. A quick survey to the kids a few days before and BD’s won hands down. They all love to go there when they come out to visit!

We headed home for presents and Bob had made a delicious cake. I went off my low sugar policy for a few days to enjoy it. (Extra exercise over the next few days kept me from feeling guilty!).
It was a great day spent with Bob and I was able to talk to both my boys and all my sisters before the day was over! Thanks Bob for a great day and to everyone for all the well wishes!


1 comment: