Remember in math class and you had to learn the metric system and you wondered when you would ever use this information. Well I have to brush up on my metric system. I won't walk in miles but kilometers. I won't buy meat by the pound, but in kilograms. I will weigh myself in stones instead of pounds. As for the temperature, 28 will be wonderful in Australia (82 Fahrenheit), much warmer than the 28 I'm experiencing now.
Then there is the money, as least they have dollars and coins but the bills are different sizes depending on the amount and the smallest paper bill is a $5 bill, so everything under $5 is in change. How about you? Can you convert to metric easily? I've cheated and put a conversion table in my favorites until I learn.
I know Phil is good at judging Kilometers because of running, however whenever I drive through Canada I'm glad that my car has both mph and kmph so I can be sure I'm not speeding. I do always like how much faster the trip through Canada seems because Km are shorter than Miles and so it seems like the numbers go done much faster as you drive through.
ReplyDeleteLiters sometimes will throw me off too.
Nice place Karen! How fun to be able to picture where you will be! Good luck on the metric system. I probably wouldn't have it figured out until I got back home again!
ReplyDeleteJono is a wiz at that He's my go to guy for metrics!
ReplyDelete