Ben, Christy and Maddie arrived the Saturday before Thanksgiving and stayed until Wednesday. We had a wonderful time visiting with them and seeing how much Maddie has grown. It was so fun to have conversations with her and understand most of what she said to us! We celebrated her 2nd birthday, went to the zoo, played with the boys’ old Fisher price toys (the barn, Main Street, zoo, western town and airport), sang, danced, shopped, ate, laughed, watched children’s videos and hung out together.
We started out celebrating Maddie’s 2nd birthday with cupcakes and presents. Unfortunately I didn’t discover my camera card wasn’t accepting pictures for the first day or so even though it showed it had space. But I don’t think I’ll forget her eating her birthday cupcake on Grandpa’s lap. A grandfather’s love overlooks the crumbs and frosting all over his shirt front, sleeves and collar from all the hugs and laughs while eating cupcakes together. And what fun it was to watch her open her birthday gifts from us.
Thanks Ben, Christy and Maddie for making a true “round” trip (around Lake Erie) to visit us for a few days! We loved having you at the BK Bed and Breakfast and hope you had as much fun as Grandma and Grandpa did.
We had a great time! I am glad we made the trip out and that we were able to go to the zoo.
ReplyDelete