TEN MONTHS!!!! It’s
been ten months since I posted!! Plus I found the last blog I wrote never was
posted and was still in draft mode. I always
had an excuse, but they were pretty lame. My computer was not working…Bob
bought me a new laptop; no time…kids are married and gone, and I’m a stay at
home wife; no ideas…I have taken tons of pictures; blogger burnout…I was
writing daily before; running Bob to the airport and back…. he’s not traveled
in 9 months; maybe tomorrow….why not today? I guess it was just plain laziness.
So I’m going to try a make an effort to
blog again and I decided to keep my blog title “Living Upside Down” because….
….shortly after we returned from Australia I was out and
about doing some errands when I noticed this sign and a year later the sign is
still like that.
….when I’m out for a walk I still find myself walking on the
left side and have to remind myself to move to the right!
….I was daily reliving my Australia days through my blog and
pictures this past January, February and March until my computer died.
….often each day I figure out what time it is in Australia
and wonder what my friends are doing. One couple sent us a Queensland calendar and
three of the pictures are of Brisbane. One is of the city taken just outside
our apartment and almost an exact view of what we would see every day, one is a
great view of the Story Bridge and our apartment building, and one is of the
Treasury Casino in Brisbane. So each day I see the familiar views of Australia.
I miss my friends and the adventures of walking and exploring the city. I often
think back to sitting on our patio looking out at the city or riding the ferry
on a sunny afternoon. The memories are
so vivid I sometimes feel I’m still there.
….recently in a sermon our pastor said God has an upside down
Kingdom. When you think about it I guess it is really living upside down from
the rest of the world…Love your enemies, turn the other cheek, the first will
be last, slavery is freedom, give to receive, the weak are strong, die to live.
So no matter where I am…..in Australia, Michigan, Minnesota
or New York…I’m in God’s Kingdom. I hope
I am always living upside down!

:)
ReplyDelete